Dragged a comb across my head...or not, really, 'cause my hair is super short these days, and I don't generally comb it it all, except with my fingers...but I wanted to start with a "Day in the Life" reference, because, well, that's all I've got to write about.
I did wake up, and get out of bed, and make my way into town to the board of ed. where I participated in another training session for folks learning how to coach beginning teachers through the process of writing their portfolios.
Part of the fun of attending these training sessions, for me anyway, has been the opportunity to hang out with other teachers for whom their portfolio year was freakishly stressful, horrible, and just plain bad. It's sort of comforting to know I'm not the only one.
I just hope that when I'm assigned a beginning teacher to coach that I don't come across as too bitter, cynical, and/or jaded about the whole process to be helpful.
The nifty thing was that we got out a bit early, and I was home well before sundown for the first time in months. The doggies, not to mention the hubby, were a bit freaked out. In fact, the sun is still up. Zow-ee!
The weird part was that we got out before school was over. I had planned to swing by my classroom when the training was over, grab my plan-book, and check to make sure the fish in our new fishtank were all alive. Walking into the school with two hours left in the day seemed kind of silly, though. I didn't want to be greeted with cries of, "You're back! Great, we can use that sub for coverage in another room." So, I just came home. My daily schedule is so ingrained in my head, though, that throughout the drive home I found myself thinking things like, "I hope he's through with that second reading group by now," and "I wonder if they finished the spelling test."
I had bus duty today, too.
Bad, bad, me. Out on a bus duty day.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mr Bo remembers going out in the daylight, maybe, if he tries hard.
Post a Comment