Fresh back from a wonderful trip to Germany for my friend's wedding, I am nursing a serious bit of jet-lag/up for 24hr.s-lag. I just couldn't sleep on the plane. With the sun shining brightly through the window throughout the entire flight, it was impossible to convince my brain that it was time to sleep. "No, no!" it kept saying. "It's daytime. We'll sleep at night, silly girl!"
Darn that brain o' mine!
My faithful doggies are trying their best to match their normally fiesty moods to mine. They are currently snoozing away: Brittany close by on the sofa, and Puck in his favorite spot at the bottom of the basement stairs. Every now and then, they jump up and scramble around, trying their very doggie best to convince me to play...but I will no be moved. I grunt in their general direction, and they (after a few pounces on each other, as if to say, "Well, we're fun to play with!") curl up to wait for me to recover my vigour and vim.
Ah, vim. Good word, vim is.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment